Loadbanks & Transformers for Shipyards
The need for reliable back-up power in the marine environment is paramount. A loss of navigation or steering can be catastrophic. A back-up power supply that is proven to be 100% effective, first time, every time, is critical.
Many vessels built today are all-electric. A single power network is supplied by a primary energy source, which can be multiple units of diesel generators or gas turbines.
This integrated power system enables propulsion power to be diverted to on-ship requirements, such as refrigeration on cargo vessels, light, heat and air-conditioning on cruise vessels, and weapon systems on naval ships.
It is essential for the smooth operation of the complete power and propulsion system that these different loads and the way they interact with each other can be simulated and tested.
Crestchic has many years’ experience in the testing and commissioning of marine generators, from small ferries to super tankers, from conventional engines with propeller shafts to multi-unit all-electric ships. We also supply many dockyards with equipment for the new generation of warships.
We supply loadbanks to many of the world’s leading ship builders and can provide packages of 50MVA and above, including step down transformers, to simulate the most arduous conditions that might be experienced in the real environment.
Crestchic loadbanks are widely used for the testing of Gensets – Gas Turbines – UPS – DC systems. Crestchic’s loadbanks and transformers are popular with shipyards around the world, with over 30 years’ experience gained from supplying rental and sold loadbanks into the global marine and shipbuilding sector.
These containerised loadbanks and transformers are highly specialised tailored to meet the demanding shipyard & marine environment. Crestchic containerised loadbanks and transformers incorporate innovative design making them:-
RUGGED – COMPACT – WEATHERPROOF – HIGH SPECIFICATION and SCALABLE
Crestchic Product Overview
- 1000 – 6250kVA
- 380 – 690V Range
- Lloyds Register approved 10 & 20ft ISO Containers
- 1000 – 6250kVA
- Loadbank and transformer in one ISO container
- Reduced footprint
- Voltages to 36kV
- optional MV switchgear
- 1000 – 8000kVA
- Multi-Voltage containers
- Transformers complete with HV & LV Switchgear
- Voltages to 36kV
- Step up or step down use
Key Features Available
- ISO containers Lloyds approved
- DNV & ISO lifting points
- Hi-cube containers
- Multi-tap voltage options
- Test supply live beacon
- Door open alarm
- Scalable equipment for large MVA requirements
- Remote telemetry equipment interrogation
- Internal temperature monitor
- Manual backup basic control (loadbanks only)
- Roof access ladder
- Remote emergency stop facility
- Grill covers
- Cam-lok connectors (on request)
- Micro-processor controlled (graphs & reports)
- MV switchgear protection (with/without MV monitors)
- LV switchgear protection
- Marine paint coating protection as standard
- Choice of RAL/BS colours
- Internal bulkhead lights
- Anti-condensation heating
- All weather operation electrical sections to NEMA Type 4
- Modbus TCP/IP interface (loadbanks only)
With our enhanced microprocessor based ‘Eclipse®’ control system comes a greater level of control and flexibility, this can be combined with our PC software package to offer data capture of transients during generator test.
- Automatic load control gives the ability to create flexible and variable test profiles, which can be saved and run at a later date
- Load expressed as percent of supply or actual load
- Motor load (‘M’ load) automatically calculated
- Test program editor supports load ramping (load applied gradually over the time entered); automatic data capture as load change is performed; easy verification of test program from within the editor with single stepping
- Also available: Modbus® – TCP/IP for Industrial Ethernet (loadbank only)