Load Banks in the Data Centre Sector
A users guide to load banks
How load banks can help data center operators to avoid downtime and power failures
In a data center environment, maximising efficiency and avoiding downtime is key to success.
The guide explores the critical role of both back-up power and load testing solutions in the resilience strategy of data centers – from the role of server emulators in the testing and commissioning phases to the vital importance of regular testing using multi-megawatt resistive/reactive units.
The guide covers technology and applications including:
- Resistive-only load banks typically up to 300kW for heat load testing
- Rack mounted server emulators for heat load testing
- Capacitive load banks to test with the leading power factor often associated with servers
- Multi-megawatt, medium voltage load bank packages to test and synchronise multigenset systems on a common bus with a lagging power factor
- DC load banks to test UPS systems for close battery analysis and discharge performance
- Resistive-reactive load banks for testing the whole system operation in an emergency change-over scenario
Drawing on many years in the sector, the guide also explores the changing energy mix and its impact on power resilience and reliability as demand itself fluctuates.
If you would like to know more about how Crestchic can help, please use the form below.
Who we are and what we do:
Crestchic is a global manufacturer of load banks, headquartered in the UK, with specialist rental divisions in the UK, France, Germany, Singapore, UAE, Ireland and China.
Since its incorporation in 1983, Crestchic Loadbanks has a developed a diverse range of products and does not believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
As a manufacturer of bespoke products, with the largest global rental fleet, whichever stage of the of the data center lifecycle you need to test, we can test it your way.
Crestchic has been working with data centers for over 30 years. Crestchic’s very first project was with Littlewoods initial data center operations in Liverpool in the early 1980s; the company now has a project portfolio of over 3000 data center installations.
Load bank solutions from the world leader
Sales, Hire and Service
(Sales & General Enquiries)
2nd Avenue, Centrum 100
Burton-on-Trent. DE14 2WF
+44 (0) 1283 531 645